POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using Excel as a 3D engine : Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Mar 2008 07:56:47
Message: <47d7d30f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Or, to put it another way, I picked a bad example. ;-)
>
> Or, a lot of what you might want to do in a spreadsheet is pre-defined :-)

Or, I use a spreadsheet in a way that's very different to how normal
people use them.

(E.g., Excel doesn't provide a "convolution" function. And it would be
far too hard to implement one in VBA. Not because the algorithm is hard,
but because I'd have to figure out how to access the cells of the
spreadsheet...)

I tend to use Excel as a function plotter - and it's annoying that
things like an FFT are so hard to do.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/